Monday, February 1, 2016

Dress Review: The Return of the Lupe in Forget Me Not Floral

Dresses with prints are my favorite, though it is true that some prints are made more amazing than others!


What makes an amazing print? In my book it's either A) a novelty print that's super cleaver that looks one way far away and another way super close, B) a novelty print that's composed of something so cute or unexpected, or C) a novelty or floral print which can be mixed and matched with a ton of coordinating colors!

Speaking of C) amazing prints which can be coordinated with a plethora of colors, like the last dress I reviewed (Trashy Diva's latest Victory Floral print, you can see my review here), Trashy Diva's second to newest print, the Forget Ne Not Floral print is also one such amazing print that can be coordinated with a plethora of colors!

This print features a black background with red, yellow, and blue flowers. Within the flowers are white highlights and maroon shadows. A few light green leaves and stems are scattered throughout. Like the Victory Floral print, this one has so many colors to play around with! I love it! 

I realized after writing my last dress review that I had completely forgotten to write a review of this dress which I pre-ordered just before leaving on vacation to New Orleans! While all last year I had been looking forward to our trip to New Orleans (which we took last October) and the opportunity to finally try on all the dresses at the "mothership," the actual Trashy Diva stores where all available dresses are stocked, when this print came out for pre-order just before our trip and it was revealed that there was going to be a Lupe dress I had to make a pre-order to ensure it didn't sell out before I got my hands on it!

The Lupe dress does not come around too often. It was release earlier this year in Trashy Diva's Deep Sea Coral print but only in sizes up to 6 which sadly excluded a lot of us ladies from being able to order it. Other than that, the Lupe came in a black and white dress several years ago, and also in Trashy Diva's Turquoise Birds print also from several years ago. What's so special about the Lupe dress you might ask? It is just a really cute dress. It's a 1940's style dress with an amazingly detailed and intricate loop design along the front neckline. It also features little puff sleeves, a fitted waist band, slightly a-line skirt, and has a back zip. While it would have been nice trying on all the dresses that came in this print in the store before making my final decision on which cut I chose to take home, I don't think I would have chose any differently in any case!


Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Side View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Back View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Close Up

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Front Close Up

I found this dress and all the other styles I tried on in this print to fit true to size and was able to order this in my usual size.



Are you a print fan? If so, what are your favorite kinds of prints?







12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty style on you! The print is too dark for me(you may have guessed that), but it's perfect on you. I'm the same way...I had to order the Lena Picnic dress and the Gingham Lucy right before I went down to New Orleans, *just in case* they sold out before I got there, haha!
    And, as you are well aware, I'm SO a print fan!! :) The more colorful, the better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes Bristol! I can see why this print is too dark for you! :D Hopefully the next one that comes out will be a really colorful one so you can partake! :D And oh boy! When the gingham Lena Picnic dress came out I had to jump on ordering that one! I remember it came out right when I realized I should have gotten the original picnic dress. I was so lucky that they released the lena picnic when they did! I didn't have to pine for a picnic for a long! <3

      Delete
  2. I love this print. I didn't know how rare this style of a TD dress was, so this was a super educational post. And that's crazy they didn't release it in most sizes on that last print! They seem relatively good about being all inclusive. You look awesome in this color scheme, lady! And to answer your question...I'm OBSESSED with prints. The crazier the better! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prints are the best! <3 I do love prints so much better than solids! And yes, you are right. TD is usually so good about being all inclusive! In recent years they have even expended their collection to include size 0 as well as more larger sizes. What I heard was that there was a manufacturing accident with the deep sea coral fabric and that is why the Lupe in that print was so limited. It was supposed to come out in so many more sizes but they just didn't have the fabric to finish the line. It's too bad too. That Lupe in the deep sea coral was so dreamy. I really loved the contrasting pink loop details on the front neckline!

      Delete
  3. This print is so gorgeous on you!! The Lupe dress style is so cute too, love the back-seam stockings! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love print dresses and this one is totally your style! Yes anything with prints is a tick in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks Camilla! And yes-- prints are so much fun! <3

      Delete
  5. Absolutely lovely! Reds are so elegantly gorgeous on you, sweet dear.

    Big hugs from one fellow novelty print fan to another. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Yay novelty prints and their fans! :D <3 I'm keeping my fingers crossed 2016 will see the release of more novelty prints by TD. And thank you so much sweet lady! Red is such a beautiful color. It has a great pop to it!

      Delete
  6. What a fab dress, love the neckline! And the print is quite clever, because it contains a light cool colour, a warm bright, and a dark, so you could really team it with so many different colour cardigans. A good buy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you wholeheartedly Porcelina! The neckline is such a wonderful detail on the dress and I love all the colors in this print. They work together so well too in my opinion ;) <3

      Delete