Friday, June 5, 2015

Matching Your Dress To Your Teaware Part 15: London Calling

Earlier in April, in my previous Perfect Pairing, I featured my friend Bristol and her blog, Color Me Bristol, in which I featured her in her Bernie Dexter Chelsea dress in Books print.


Continuing in that vein I would now like to introduce you to another blog I like to follow, Dolly Clackett. The Dolly Clackett blog is made and run by the ever effervescent and highly talented Roisin Muldoon.

Here is Roisin in a dress she made using Cath Kidston fabric and a By Hand London sewing pattern. I love everything about Roisin's sewing skills. And if her sewing skills were not enough to keep me glued to her blog, she has quite the eye for pairing fabrics and patterns together. This super cute dress featuring cute London buses all over has an almost overall geometric print pattern on the dress which goes beautifully with the crisp pleating in the skirt! So cute!

Roisin from Dolly Clackett in her 83 Piccadilly dress, photo: http://dollyclackett.blogspot.com/2014/10/i-guess-nice-just-aint-my-colour.html

Roisin from Dolly Clackett in her 83 Piccadilly dress- Close Up, photo: http://dollyclackett.blogspot.com/2014/10/i-guess-nice-just-aint-my-colour.html

And in Cath Kidston + London theme, here is a tea for one set which goes just perfectly with this dress, the London Tea for One set from Cath Kidston. :) Oh Cath Kidston, how I love thee!


Cath Kidston London Tea For One Set


Cath Kidston London Tea For One Set


Cath Kidston London Tea For One Set


While this tea for one doesn't have all over London buses on it like Roisin's beautiful dress, it does have a few of them in all their bright red double decker glory! And, as if I didn't love Roisin's 83 Piccadilly dress enough on its own, I absolutely love the way these two look together. <3

Spot of tea anyone?









6 comments:

  1. Perfection! What a clever lady she is. Thanks for the introduction, I will check out her blog now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go check her out! Always such great makes by Roisin! <3

      Delete
  2. Ah I've been following Roisin for a while and of course I'm in awe of her sewing skills, but I think I'm even more in awe of her collection of Swedish Hasbeens! She literally has them in every colour... Life goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! She does have an excellent collection of shoes! I'm not a huge shoe person but I do love seeing all her shoes :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know this blog but I will definitely have to check it out now. I am so in love with the London dress. I have always loved anything London themed. The print is so adorable and I'd be so happy if I owned this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous dress! I love everything about it-- the print, the cut, the colors... so pretty! :)

      Delete