Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dress Review: Trashy Diva Seersucker for Summer

Last year Trashy Diva came out with their seersucker collection.


I tried real hard to be real good and convinced myself I would pass on dresses in this collection. To make myself feel better I even made my own seersucker dress. Fast forward to this year just before spring hit, Trashy Diva re-released/re-stocked their seersucker! For Trashy Diva, this was such a rare thing to have been done. And tried as hard as I did last year, I couldn't let these dresses pass me up again. Not only did I end up with one dress in seersucker but in the course of 2-3 months I actually acquired two of their seersucker dresses.

Trashy Diva's Lena dress in seersucker was the undisputed favorite of all the seersucker dresses. Before the restock earlier this year this dress was nearly all sold out. After the restock, it didn't take long for this one to start selling out again! The Lena dress is a halter style dress with a full circle skirt, and a supportive, fully lined, shelf bust in contrasting white. The neck strap has functioning buttons rather than the tie of most of Trashy Diva's halter dresses. The dress also has elasticized side panels to ensure a great fit.

In contrast, Trashy Diva's Apple Tart dress (also in seersucker) features skinny straps at the shoulders (rather than the halter style top), a ruffled bust, and the full skirt is fully gathered. While this dress appears not to be as popular as the Lena (judging from it not selling out as quickly as the Lena did both times), I still cannot decide which of the two is my personal favorite. I could say however, that while the Lena needed no adjustments or alterations for a perfect fit, the Apple Tart did require a little bit of tweaking. I was getting a lot of bunching in the dress at the underbust, even though the dress felt like it fit and even though I ordered it in my usual size. This was a problem easily solved though by adjusting the straps to be a little shorter. Also because the bust is a little more open on this style I added a stitch right at the center of the bust to keep it from exposing more than I like.

I'm so glad that Trashy Diva decided to re-release this collection. I can't believe I almost let these ones get away!


Trashy Diva Lena Dress in Seersucker:


Trashy Diva Lena Dress in Seersucker- Front View

Trashy Diva Lena Dress in Seersucker- Front View

Trashy Diva Lena Dress in Seersucker- Side View

Trashy Diva Lena Dress in Seersucker- Back View




Trashy Diva Apple Tart Dress in Seersucker:

Trashy Diva Apple Tart Dress in Seersucker- Front View

Trashy Diva Apple Tart Dress in Seersucker- Front View

Trashy Diva Apple Tart Dress in Seersucker- Side View

Trashy Diva Apple Tart Dress in Seersucker- Back View










2 comments:

  1. I love seer sucker. I particularly like dress number 2
    Retro rove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine! I debated a long time whether to buy it or not since I already had bought the Lena first but I really loved the ruffles at the bust. <3 Thanks for the input :)

      Delete