Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Down In The Dumps

As some of you readers might have noticed, I've been quiet on the blog lately.


Early this month I found out that my best girl, best friend, and sweetest little love Murkurie has heart disease. In particular she has what is called restrictive cardiomyopathy. It was a huge shock and hard to take in. It still is very hard to comprehend and cope with. She is my best friend and has been with me for over half my life. At the moment, day to day, just looking at her you wouldn't be able to tell anything is wrong at all. She still acts the same and does her same daily activities. Sometimes, because of this, it's easy to forget that she's sick. The doctor tells me that she probably doesn't even realize that she's sick which I am so thankful for. We don't know how long she will be with us. I'm hoping she will be with us for a long while more. The doctor says though, with her condition, it's hard to say so I am just taking every extra day with her as a blessing and as a gift. I'm treasuring every day I have with her and am thankful that she's in my life and that she's my girl.

During this time of year I know there are a lot of people out there that get sad and down in the dumps. No matter how sad or bad things may be I hope you all have something you can be thankful for and something you can think of that brings happiness to your life and love to your heart.





So Thankful To Have These Sweet Little Loves In My Life, Wolfgang, Murkurie, and C.C. Cookie



Murkurie and the Big Yawn!


Wolfgang Yawning Too


Homemade Cookie Ornaments of Murkurie and C.C. Cookie Made 2009. I'll Have To Make One For Wolfgang!







5 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry to hear this but I want you to know I completely understand. We just found out that our 12 and a half year old lab mix and my dear boy almpst definitely has nasal cancer and treatment would involve radiation and disfiguring surgery and would most likely by him only a few months and those in pain. We have opted just to keep him comfortable, its been a shitty start to the new year to say the least but we are trying to enjoy our time with our boy

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing Katherine. I'm so sorry to hear about your boy. I know from your blog posts how much you love your dogs. We are doing the same for Murkurie, keeping her comfortable and happy and making sure she knows how loved she is for as long as she has which we of course are hoping is longer than shorter. And while I am so grateful for all the time I've got to have her in my life we always want more time don't we?

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog. I love the name as I have a silver cat of my own (and have a small tea pot collection of my own). Just wanted to let you know that one of our kitties (a female ginger) has had a kind of cardiomyopathy for seven years now. She was diagnosed before she turned 10 and she's heading towards 17. She is starting to slow down, but for a long time the medicine really helped and you wouldn't have known anything was wrong at all. My fingers are crossed that your girl will have a lot more time to share with you. Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie, Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. That is great to hear though that medications are helping her live a comfortable life! I hope the medications will continue to help her well! It makes me hopeful that my girl might be able to stay with me for some time. Unfortunately the doctors say she has a pretty sever case and their initial prognosis was that she might survive 3-6 months. While I am grateful for every bit of extra time with her that I get, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will stay happy with us for a while longer. We've had to increase her medications a few times since she was initially diagnosed :( We are just trying to keep her comfortable and happy. It's hard when there's really nothing else that can be done but to do the best you can with managing her symptoms with medications. I love her so much! She is my sweetest love. I wish you lots of luck with your girl!

      Delete
    2. Christina, I'm sure you will give your girl every bit of love possible, and that she appreciates it all. Christie

      Delete